- Vitamin A: The retinol in vitamin A has the ability to stimulate the production of new skin cells and smooth fine lines.
Vitamin E: This nutrient has antioxidant properties that may help prevent cell damage and help
reduce ultraviolet (UV) damage to the skincaused by the sun.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These nutrients may help prevent premature aging and safeguard against sun damage.
- Zinc: This is an essential nutrient for healing acne or other facial scars. However, it’s worth noting that zinc is more effective for this purpose when taken orally.
Benefits For Face:
Reduces puffiness and under-eye circles. Because almond oil is an
anti-inflammatoryit may help ease swelling of the skin.
Improves complexion and skin tone. Due to its
emollient properties, almond oil has the potential to improve both complexion and skin tone.
- Treats dry skin. Almond oil has been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis.
Improves acne. The oil’s fatty acid content may help
dissolve excess oilon the skin, while the retinoids in the oil may reduce the appearance of acne and improve cell turnover.
Helps reverse sun damage.
Animal studieshave shown that vitamin E, one of the nutrients in almond oil, may help reduce damage to the skin caused by UV exposure.
Reduces the appearance of scars. In ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, almond oil was used to
reduce scarring. The vitamin E content may contribute to helping smooth the skin.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks. Sweet almond oil may be an effective treatment for preventing and reducing stretch marks.
As a makeup remover
To use as a makeup remover, apply a small amount — about the size of an M&M candy — into your palm. Using your fingertips, gently apply the oil to the areas where you want to remove makeup.
Then, use cotton balls or warm water to remove the oil. Follow by washing your face with your favorite cleanser.
As a cleanser
Almond oil is known as a carrier oil, which means it has the ability to carry other essential oils more deeply into the skin.
You can mix almond oil with an essential oil that’s known to benefit the skin, like rosehip, lavender, rose geranium, or lemon oil. Be sure to patch test the essential oil on the inside of your elbow or wrist before applying to your face.
Add a few drops of the essential oil to each ounce of almond oil and mix well. Apply the oil mixture to damp skin and rinse with warm water. Because it’s an oil cleanser, you may need to rinse twice to remove any residue.
As a moisturizer
You can also use almond oil as a moisturizing oil.
To do so, wash and dry your skin as usual. Then, gently pat a small amount of almond oil — about half the size of a dime — onto your face with your fingertips, and let it absorb into your skin. If you’re using it as a moisturizer, you don’t need to rinse it off.